This is the home page for the learning portfolio associated with the EDUC8540 course being taken with the University of Windsor under the instruction of Dr. D Stanley. In this portfolio you will be able to observe my learning progress over the duration of this course. The portfolio is organized by assignment and will demonstrate my growth as I create my own course.
As I reflect on each assignment completed, I will demonstrate how I have grasped the objectives of each assignment, I will include peer-reflections and critique where applicable and show how I have learned from feedback. All of these entries will prove that I have met the course objectives listed below.
EDUC8540 Course Objectives
As a result of planned instruction and active participation, it is reasonable to expect that participants, who successfully complete this course, should be able to:
- Identify, discuss, critically reflect upon, and assess pedagogical concepts, beliefs, values, practices, issues, philosophies, strategies, and outcomes relevant to learning-centred teaching practices, e.g., learning-centred, curriculum, critical reflection, constructive alignment, threshold and bottleneck concepts, learning outcomes, learning taxonomies, assessing student learning, criterion- and norm-referencing, rubrics, learning hours, learning experiences, deep and surface learning, intentional teaching, Universal Instructional Design, syllabus, accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity
- Find, describe, evaluate, and apply diverse approaches to teaching and learning in justifiably sound ways
- Construct effective learning outcomes that align with learning experiences and learning assessment
- Develop and create learning materials, including curricula, assignments, and lessons, for diverse learning contexts and configurations
- Collaborate with peers in the development, critique, and assessment of learning-centred teaching practices
- Reflect on and assess one’s professional practices as a means to professional development, adapting accordingly and where appropriate
- Critically assess scholarly texts on learning and teaching and use them to aid one’s professional development